Wouldn’t it be great if there was one store in which you can whatever is it that you need, be that an electronic device, a pair of jeans, a pair of shoes or groceries? Even better if they could be delivered straight to your doorstep. Oh wait, there is one – and it’s called Flipkart.
Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce company headquartered in Bangalore. Its history is very similar to Amazon – just like the American giant, Flipkart started as an online bookstore, slowly growing its inventory to what it is today.
Shopping at Flipkart is pretty straightforward. However, it wouldn’t hurt to read some tips on how to shop there, so that you can be sure your experience is as trouble-free as possible – and that’s precisely what this article is for – below, you will find ten tips for shopping at Flipkart.
Shopping at Flipkart – Tips
If you want to make your shopping experience at Flipkart as excellent as possible, here are some tips that you should follow:
- Always check the discounted price properly. Sometimes, the lower price is applicable only to those who have a premium membership or there might be some additional criteria that your purchase needs to meet before it can be discounted. For that reason, make sure to always check the terms and conditions properly.
- Make use of bank discounts. Bank discounts are there to help you save money while shopping, so take them into consideration when trying to find a way to save money when shopping at Flipkart.
- Put in your delivery details sooner rather than later. In some cases, a promotion might be applicable for only a limited time, and if it passes, the item goes back to its normal price. To make sure that you won’t miss out on the discount, save your delivery details as quickly as possible.
- Be aware of increased prices. Sometimes a company will increase prices before a sale to make it seem like the discount is a lot bigger than it actually is. For that reason, you should check the product’s original price before making a purchase, so you can be sure you are getting a good deal.
- Act fast. If you see something you like and that is discounted, don’t wait, add it to your cart or you might be too late to get it.
- Compare products before making a decision. Before making the final decision about which product version to go with, check all the variants you can get to ensure you are getting a good deal without compromising the product’s quality.
- Check if you’re eligible for free shipping. In order to save money, check whether the products you want to purchase are eligible for free delivery. The shipping costs can be calculated at the end of the checkout, so you can always check whether you need to add something to your order for free delivery and whether it is worth it because sometimes the missing amount might be bigger than the delivery fee.
- Use coupon and promo codes. Flipkart deals and coupons are a great way to lower the total of your order. At Zifup, we have a variety of Flipkart promo codes available, so if you’re after something specific, you might want to check out this page.
- Don’t overlook reviews. When shopping at Flipkart or at any other similar website, it’s very important to pay attention to the reviews a product has. Remember – people are more likely to share negative reviews rather than positive, so if a product has some defects, you will definitely know about it.
- Check bank offers. Sometimes a product will have something like “bank offer” written next to it – it is definitely worth checking out because if you have a specific type of card you might be able to save quite a bit of money just because of that, with the savings often reaching hundreds of rupees.
The Bottom Line
Flipkart can be considered to be the Indian Amazon with the number of things and brands they offer. And considering the fact that both of them started in almost the same way, the comparison isn’t far off.
However, just with every website, there are a few things that you should pay attention to when shopping at Flipkart, so that your experience is as good as possible – and we have outlined the ten most important ones above. While some of them might seem like a no-brainer, it is still good to write them down, as it might simply slip your mind.
If you decide to shop at Flipkart, don’t forget to check out our Flipkart promo codes page, especially if you’re after a specific product or category. The coupons are constantly changing, so make sure to pay us a visit every once in a while so that you won’t miss out on the best deals!